Monday, September 28, 2009

Must See!

I just came back from watching "September Issue" and I couldn't wait to blog about it! It is that good! There I sat in the middle of the nearly empty theater (given that it's the middle of the day, and a Monday at that), purposely alone since I wanted to concentrate on the content of the movie. I was completely engrossed and savoring every scene that was playing. The gorgeous clothes, shoes, accessories! I was giddy with excitement and intrigued by Anna Wintour and the power she wields. On the other hand, I am totally in awe of Grace Coddington (Vogue's Creative Director). I truly, honestly believe that she is a genius and I'm glad to hear that Wintour acknowledges that. Vogue is not Vogue without these two interesting, yet somehow opposite personalities.

Another movie I thoroughly enjoyed was "Coco before Chanel". As a big fan of Audrey Tautou, I think she was perfectly cast for this movie. Although I was expecting more drama, the film is as classic as pearls and tweed-just as Chanel herself was. And to see it at Arclight Hollywood was a plus in itself! Thanks for seeing the late-night show with me, Rea! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment