Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Pairing Prints


One tip for pairing prints, combine ones that have similar qualities. Here, I went with the linear theme on both top and pants. As an accessory, I wore pearls to break up and soften the hard edges on the clothes.

Red and White checkered top from Nordstrom, Navy and White striped trousers from Old Navy



Color based: The lavender floral print brings out the purple from the red and blue plaid combination in the jacket.

You can also go with the same color palette for cohesiveness. The plaid jacket and floral top may be totally different, but with similar tones, the outfit makes sense (to me at least!).

Vintage mini corduroy western top, plaid jacket from Nordstrom


Go ahead and make your own pairings then! If you feel good in your choices then it totally works!


2 comments:

  1. I love print on print on women. We had a fashion editorial playing up all textures in various combinations and we are doing one again this week for our September issue.

    I think it is a recurring theme in fashion, which emphasizes that boldness in itself is a fashion statement.

    Arnel

    ReplyDelete
  2. My absolute favorite of all the outfits!! :) Still trying to pull this off myself as am always stuck with monotones.. Teach me when you get here!

    ReplyDelete